Are you a 308 rifle owner looking for the best scope to enhance your shooting experience? With so many options on the market, it can be overwhelming to choose the right one. But fear not, we have done the research for you and compiled a list of the best scopes specifically designed for 308 rifles.
When it comes to shooting accuracy and precision, having the right scope is crucial. A good scope can greatly improve your shooting performance, whether you are an avid hunter or a competitive shooter. However, with the abundance of choices available, it can be difficult to determine which scope is truly the best fit for your 308 rifle.
If you want to maximize the potential of your 308 rifle, investing in a high-quality scope is a must. The right scope can provide you with clear and magnified views of your target, allowing for precise and accurate shots. In this article, we will highlight the top scopes that are specifically designed to complement the capabilities of a 308 rifle, ensuring that you have the best shooting experience possible.
Comparisons Table Of Best Scopes for 308 Rifles
1. Elevate Your Hunting Experience with CVLIFE Rifle Scope and Free Mount
This rifle scope offers a powerful magnification range of 6-24x and a large objective diameter of 50mm, providing hunters and shooters with maximum versatility and accuracy. With a field of view of 28 feet at 100 yards, you can easily acquire and track your target with precision. The click value of 1/8 inch at 100 yards allows for easy and quick adjustment of the reticle while keeping your eye on the target.
The illuminated reticle is available in red and green, making it easy to see in any lighting condition. This feature is particularly useful in low light conditions, allowing you to take the perfect shot even when light is scarce. Whether you’re an experienced shooter or just starting out, this rifle scope is an excellent choice for any hunting or shooting situation.
- Magnification range of 6-24x
- Objective diameter of 50mm
- Field of view of 28 feet at 100 yards
- Click value of 1/8 inch at 100 yards for easy reticle adjustment
- Illuminated reticle available in red and green for use in low light conditions.
- High magnification range of 6-24x for maximum versatility
- Large objective diameter of 50mm for increased light transmission
- Wide field of view of 28 feet at 100 yards for easy target acquisition
- Click value of 1/8 inch at 100 yards for quick and easy adjustments
- Illuminated reticle available in red and green for use in any lighting condition
- May be heavy and bulky for some shooters
- Higher magnification may require a steadier hand and more stable shooting platform
- May be too expensive for beginners or those on a budget
- Illuminated reticle may not be necessary for all hunting or shooting situations.
This rifle scope offers a powerful magnification range of 6-24x, which provides hunters and shooters with the maximum versatility and accuracy to acquire and track their targets with precision.
The objective diameter of this rifle scope is 50mm, which is a large size offering a wider field of view to target objects even at longer distances.
The illuminated reticle in this rifle scope is available in red and green, making it easy to see in any lighting condition. This feature is particularly useful in low light conditions, allowing you to take the perfect shot even when light is scarce.
2. Burris Fullfield II Hunting Scope
The Burris Fullfield II is an excellent traditional hunting scope that provides premium features at an affordable price. With high-grade optical glass that offers excellent brightness and clarity, coupled with lasting durability, you won’t find a better scope in this price range. The scope offers excellent value for money, and its rugged construction ensures that it can withstand even the toughest hunting conditions.
Built on over 40 years of optical engineering experience, the Burris Hunting line of riflescopes is known for its clarity and unfailing reliability. Whether you’re a seasoned hunter or just starting, the Burris Fullfield II is an excellent choice for anyone looking for a high-quality rifle scope. With its durable, stress-free, solid one-piece outer tube, this scope can withstand even the heaviest recoil, making it a must-have for any serious rifleman.
- High-grade optical glass provides excellent brightness and clarity
- Durable, stress-free, solid one-piece outer tube can withstand heavy recoil
- Waterproof, fog proof, and shockproof construction ensures reliability in any condition
- Multi-coated lenses deliver superior light transmission and reduced glare for a clear and bright sight picture
- Finger-adjustable, low-profile turrets allow for easy zeroing and windage/elevation adjustments on the fly
- Fast focus eyepiece ensures a quick and easy target acquisition
- Traditional hunting reticle options include Plex, Ballistic Plex, and Duplex, with some models featuring illuminated options for low-light hunting conditions
- Affordable price point offers excellent value for money and makes it accessible to a broader range of hunters.
- High-grade optical glass for clarity and brightness
- Affordable price for premium features
- Rugged construction for durability in tough hunting conditions
- Solid one-piece outer tube can withstand heavy recoil
- Built on over 40 years of optical engineering experience
- Excellent value for money
- Unfailing reliability
- Suitable for both seasoned and novice hunters
- May not have all the advanced features of more expensive scopes
- May not offer the same level of precision and accuracy as specialized hunting scopes
- May not work well in low light conditions
- May be heavier than some other scopes on the market
- Limited magnification range compared to some other scopes
The Burris Fullfield II scope is an affordable option for hunters, with prices ranging from around $200 to $400 depending on the specific model and features.
The Burris Fullfield II is constructed with a solid one-piece outer tube that is stress-free, meaning it can withstand the toughest hunting conditions and heavy recoil. The scope is made from high-quality materials that are built to last, ensuring that it won’t be damaged easily.
The Burris Fullfield II is an excellent scope for traditional hunting, whether you’re stalking game in the woods or taking long-range shots. The scope’s high-grade optical glass ensures excellent clarity and brightness, making it easier to spot and hit your target. It’s also durable enough to withstand tough hunting conditions, making it a great all-around choice for any hunter.
3. Vortex Optics: Your Ultimate Shooting Solution
The Vortex Optics Spitfire 1x-AR Prism Scope is a versatile sight designed for AR platform rifles. The illuminated red/green reticle provides fast target acquisition in any lighting condition. With a 1x magnification, this scope provides an unlimited field of view and allows for both eyes open shooting. The combination of etched reticle and prism technology ensures a crisp and clear sight picture. Built from aircraft-grade aluminum, the Spitfire is durable and reliable. It is also waterproof and fog proof making it perfect for any weather condition.
The Vortex Optics Crossfire II 3-9×40 Riflescope is an ideal choice for hunters and shooters. The Dead-Hold BDC reticle is perfect for estimating holdover and wind drift. The fully multi-coated lenses provide bright and clear views of the target. With a long eye relief and ultra-forgiving eye box, acquiring your target quickly and easily is effortless. The capped, reset turrets can be easily adjusted with MOA clicks, and can be reset to zero after sighting in. Constructed with a single piece tube made of aircraft-grade aluminum, the Crossfire II is shockproof and durable. It is also waterproof and fog proof to ensure reliable performance in any weather condition..
- Dead-Hold BDC reticle for estimating holdover and wind drift
- Fully multi-coated lenses for bright and clear views of the target
- Long eye relief and ultra-forgiving eye box for quick and easy target acquisition
- Capped, reset turrets with MOA clicks that can be reset to zero after sighting in
- Single piece tube made of aircraft-grade aluminum for shockproof durability
- Waterproof and fog proof for reliable performance in any weather condition
- Dead-Hold BDC reticle is perfect for estimating holdover and wind drift
- Fully multi-coated lenses provide bright and clear views of the target
- Long eye relief and forgiving eye box make acquiring targets easy
- Capped, reset turrets can be easily adjusted with MOA clicks and reset to zero
- Single piece tube made of aircraft-grade aluminum is shockproof and durable
- Waterproof and fog proof, perfect for any weather condition
- Higher magnification may not be suitable for close-range shooting
- May be heavier than some other rifle scopes due to its durability and construction
Yes, the Spitfire 1x-AR Prism Scope is designed with an illuminated red/green reticle that provides fast target acquisition in any lighting condition, including low light.
Yes, the Crossfire II 3-9×40 Riflescope features a Dead-Hold BDC reticle that is perfect for estimating holdover and wind drift, making it an ideal choice for hunters and shooters.
The Spitfire 1x-AR Prism Scope is constructed with aircraft-grade aluminum, which makes it durable and reliable. Additionally, this scope is waterproof and fog proof, making it suitable for use in any weather condition.
4. Maximize Your Hunting Success: TRUGLO TRU-Brite Gun Scope Combos Available
The Vortex Viper PST (Precision Shooting Tactical) Gen II is a high-performance, all-purpose riflescope that is designed to deliver exceptional accuracy and precision. With a 1-6 x 24mm objective lens and dual-color illuminated reticle, this scope enables shooters to engage targets up to 800 yards away with ease. The scope features a generous 4-inch eye relief and a glass-etched reticle that can be used without illumination.
Constructed from one-piece aircraft-grade aluminum, the Vortex Viper PST Gen II is water and shock resistant, and fog-proof, ensuring reliable performance in any conditions. The scope also comes with a reversible, offset, monolithic 30mm scope mount that is made of CNC-machined aircraft-grade aluminum, and two precalibrated BDC turrets in calibers .223 and .308. With its MIL-DOT reticle, the Vortex Viper PST Gen II provides quick trajectory and wind drift aiming references, making it the ideal choice for hunters, competitive shooters, and tactical professionals.
- Magnification: 1-6x
- Objective lens diameter: 24mm
- Reticle: Glass-etched, illuminated, MIL-DOT
- Eye relief: 4 inches
- Construction: One-piece aircraft-grade aluminum
- Waterproof, shockproof, fog-proof
- Included accessories: Reversible, offset, monolithic 30mm scope mount, two precalibrated BDC turrets in calibers .223 and .308
- Dual-color illuminated reticle for use in low light conditions
- Glass-etched reticle for use without illumination
- Generous 4-inch eye relief for comfortable use
- One-piece aircraft-grade aluminum construction for durability and reliability
- Water and shock resistant, and fog-proof for use in any conditions
- Includes reversible, offset, monolithic 30mm scope mount for easy installation
- MIL-DOT reticle provides quick trajectory and wind drift aiming references
- Comes with precalibrated BDC turrets in calibers .223 and .308
- Limited magnification range (1-6x)
- Relatively small objective lens (24mm)
- Somewhat bulky and heavy compared to other scopes in its class
- Higher price point compared to some competitors
The Vortex Viper PST Gen II riflescope has a magnification range of 1-6x, making it a versatile scope for a variety of shooting situations.
Yes, the Vortex Viper PST Gen II riflescope is designed to be waterproof, shock-resistant, and fog-proof, which makes it a reliable choice for shooters in any weather conditions.
The Vortex Viper PST Gen II riflescope features a glass-etched reticle with MIL-DOT aiming references. The reticle is dual-color illuminated for low-light shooting situations, but can also be used without illumination for daytime shooting.
5. Sight in on Success: The Revolutionary Monstrum G2 Scope
The high precision tactical rifle scope is the perfect accessory for any avid shooter. With 6-24x magnification and a 50mm objective lens, this scope offers exceptional clarity and accuracy even at long distances. Its eye relief of 4-4.5 inches ensures optimal comfort during extended use, while the adjustable objective lens eliminates parallax for accurate range estimation.
The first focal plane rangefinder reticle, with easy-to-read ranging information, remains constant regardless of magnification, allowing for faster range estimation and holdover correction. The reticle illumination is dial controlled, with both red and green options and multiple brightness intensities to choose from. Included with the scope are high profile picatinny scope rings, a detachable honeycomb filter sunshade, spring loaded flip-up lens covers, a carrying bag, a cleaning cloth, and a CR2032 3V battery, providing everything needed for optimal performance.
- Magnification: 6-24x
- Objective Lens Diameter: 50mm
- Eye Relief: 4-4.5 inches
- Adjustable Objective Lens for parallax elimination
- First focal plane rangefinder reticle for faster range estimation
- Illuminated reticle with dial control, red and green options, and multiple brightness intensities
- Comes with high profile picatinny scope rings, detachable sunshade, lens covers, carrying bag, cleaning cloth, and battery.
- High precision accuracy even at long distances
- Exceptional clarity with 6-24x magnification and a 50mm objective lens
- Comfortable eye relief of 4-4.5 inches for extended use
- Adjustable objective lens to eliminate parallax for accurate range estimation
- First focal plane rangefinder reticle for faster range estimation and holdover correction
- Reticle illumination with red and green options and multiple brightness intensities
- Comes with picatinny scope rings, sunshade, lens covers, carrying bag, cleaning cloth, and battery
- More expensive than some other rifle scope models on the market
- Heavier weight may be a drawback for some shooters
- Some users may prefer a simpler reticle design without range estimation markings
- May not be compatible with all rifles or mounting systems without additional adapters or modifications
The high precision tactical rifle scope has a maximum magnification of 24x. This allows for exceptional clarity and accuracy even at long distances.
Yes, the high precision tactical rifle scope has an adjustable objective lens that eliminates parallax for accurate range estimation. This feature ensures optimal accuracy and precision during use.
When purchasing the high precision tactical rifle scope, customers will receive high profile picatinny scope rings, a detachable honeycomb filter sunshade, spring loaded flip-up lens covers, a carrying bag, a cleaning cloth, and a CR2032 3V battery. This comprehensive package provides everything needed for optimal performance and convenience during use.
Things to Consider When Choosing the Best Scopes for 308 Rifles
When choosing a scope for a 308 rifle, it is important to consider factors such as the type of shooting that will be done, the magnification range, the quality of the lenses, the reticle type, and the durability and ruggedness of the scope.
|Factors to Consider||Description|
|Type of Shooting||Consider the type of shooting that will be done such as hunting, target shooting, or tactical shooting. Different types of shooting may require different types of reticles and magnification ranges.|
|Magnification Range||The magnification range needed will depend on the shooting distance and purpose. Long-range shooting may require higher magnification, while shorter-range shooting may not.|
|Lens Quality||Look for a scope with high-quality lenses to ensure a clear and crisp image. Consider coatings such as anti-reflective coatings that can improve light transmission and reduce glare.|
|Reticle Type||Choose a reticle type that suits your shooting style and preferences. Common reticles include crosshairs, red dots, and BDC reticles that compensate for bullet drop.|
|Durability and Ruggedness||Consider the durability and ruggedness of the scope. It should be able to withstand recoil, weather, and other wear and tear. Look for scopes made from high-quality materials like aircraft-grade aluminum and with features like waterproofing and shockproofing.|
|Size and Weight||The size and weight of the scope should be considered, especially if it will be carried for long periods. A heavier scope may affect accuracy and make it harder to shoot accurately.|
|Eye Relief||Eye relief is the distance between the eyepiece and the shooter’s eye. A scope with a longer eye relief can be more comfortable to use, especially for those wearing glasses or shooting with heavy recoil.|
|Brand and Warranty||Consider the brand and warranty when choosing a scope. Established brands with good reputations are more likely to produce higher quality scopes, while a good warranty can provide peace of mind and protection against defects or damage.|
In conclusion, selecting the best scope for a 308 rifle is crucial for accurate and effective shooting. A high-quality scope that is compatible with the rifle can significantly enhance the shooter’s hunting or shooting experience by providing clear, precise, and reliable aiming aids. The scopes reviewed in this article vary in price, features, and functionality, providing a wide range of options for shooters of different levels and shooting preferences. However, when considering the best scope for a 308 rifle, factors such as magnification, reticle type, durability, and price should be carefully evaluated before making a purchase decision. Ultimately, investing in a quality scope can improve performance, accuracy, and overall shooting experience.
Frequently Asked Questions
The magnification range of a scope for a 308 rifle primarily depends on the shooting situation or the intended purpose of the shooter. If long-range shooting is the goal, a scope with a magnification range of 10x to 20x could be ideal. On the other hand, a low magnification range of 1x to 6x suits hunting and close-range shooting. A general rule of thumb is to choose a scope with a magnification range that suits your shooting style, environment, and targets.
The objective lens size of a scope determines the amount of light that enters the scope and the field of view. An objective lens size of 40mm to 56mm is ideal for a 308 rifle scope. Larger lenses provide more light transmission, making the scopes more effective in low light conditions. However, larger lenses also add weight to the scopes.
The choice of reticle depends on the shooter’s preference. A duplex reticle is a widely used reticle for hunting and target shooting. It offers a clear sight picture and a simple crosshair design that is easy to use in most shooting situations. A Mil-Dot reticle is also popular as it offers holdover points for different ranges, facilitating long-range shooting. A Christmas tree-style reticle provides holdovers, windage, and elevation markings for specific distances, making it suitable for long-range precision shooting.
The decision to go with a variable or fixed magnification scope depends on the intended purpose of the shooter. A variable magnification scope provides flexibility, allowing the shooter to adjust magnification based on the shooting scenario. A fixed magnification scope, on the other hand, offers a simple and reliable design for specific shooting needs. For example, if you are primarily using your 308 rifle for hunting, a variable magnification scope with a low magnification range would be ideal. However, if you are using the rifle for long-range shooting, a fixed magnification scope with high magnification could be more suitable.
The build quality and optics quality of a scope are essential for ensuring consistent performance and longevity. For a 308 rifle, scopes made with high-quality materials such as aircraft-grade aluminum and high-quality glass with multicoating should be considered. The build quality should be able to withstand the recoil of a 308 rifle and environmental conditions. The optics quality should provide a clear and sharp sight picture to enable precise shots at any range. The scope’s internal components should also be shockproof, waterproof, and fog proof to ensure reliable performance.
Peter B Brewster is an avid writer who loves to share his knowledge about scopes, binoculars, mounts, sights, and other related products. He has been writing for several years and has gained a reputation for his expertise in the field.