When it comes to hunting or shooting, a good riflescope can make all the difference. The best riflescope is one that can provide optimum accuracy, clarity and speed. And, among the wide range of options available in the market, Low Power Variable Optics (LPVO) are gaining popularity for their versatility and functionality.
LPVO riflescopes offer the convenience of both short and long-range shooting with their adjustable magnification feature. With numerous options available, selecting the best LPVO riflescopes can be a daunting task. In this article, we have compiled information on some of the best LPVO riflescopes on the market to help you make an informed decision.
Comparisons Table Of Best LPVO Riflescopes
No products found.
1. EZshoot 1-6X24 Scope: The Ultimate Rifle Scope for Every Shooter
No products found.
EZshoot’s 1-6X24 LPVO scope offers exceptional clarity and performance, making it the perfect choice for discerning shooters. Its second focal plane design, extended eye relief, and wider field of view ensure a comfortable and immersive shooting experience. The red and green illumination, featuring five levels of brightness enhances its performance in low-light situations.
This scope’s rugged and durable construction is 100% rain and fog proof and can withstand extreme weather conditions with ease. Its shockproof structure can endure impacts up to 800G, making it ideal for rugged applications. As a result, you can shoot with confidence, knowing that your investment is well-protected and supported by EZshoot’s reliable and responsive customer service, which addresses any concerns or inquiries promptly.
- Magnification: 1-6X
- Objective Lens Diameter: 24mm
- Second Focal Plane Design
- Extended Eye Relief
- Wider Field of View
- Red and Green Illumination
- Five Levels of Brightness
- 100% Rain and Fog Proof
- Shockproof Structure
- Endures Impacts up to 800G
- Reliable and Responsive Customer Service
- Exceptional clarity and performance
- Second focal plane design, extended eye relief, and wider field of view for a comfortable and immersive shooting experience
- Red and green illumination with five levels of brightness for low-light situations
- Rugged and durable construction that is 100% rain and fog proof
- Shockproof structure that can endure impacts up to 800G
- Reliable and responsive customer service from EZshoot
- Limited zoom range at 1-6X magnification
- Only offered in a 24mm objective lens size, which may not satisfy those who prefer larger lenses for improved light transmission
- The reticle may be too busy for some shooters, featuring multiple lines and dots that can be distracting or confusing for some users.
The magnification range of this scope is 1-6X, making it an ideal choice for both short-range and mid-range shooting.
Yes, this scope features red and green illumination with five levels of brightness, enhancing its performance in low-light situations.
Yes, this scope is built to be rugged and durable. It is 100% rain and fog proof and can withstand extreme weather conditions. Its shockproof structure can endure impacts up to 800G.
2. Crystal-Clear Clarity: See Every Target Clearly with Bushnell AR Optics
No products found.
The Leupold VX-Freedom 1-4x scope is a versatile tool for hunters and shooters alike. With a magnification range of 1-4x, this scope is perfect for short to mid-range shooting in a variety of environments. The waterproof construction ensures that it can withstand rugged conditions, making it a reliable choice for those who take their shooting seriously.
Thanks to the adjustable length throw lever, fast magnification changes are a breeze, even while wearing gloves. Additionally, the illuminated Ballistic Drop Compensated reticle makes hold over shooting at distances up to 600 yards easy and accurate. With fully multi-coated optics for clear, bright views of the target, the Leupold VX-Freedom 1-4x provides a reliable and effective tool for any shooting situation.
- Magnification range of 1-4x
- Waterproof construction
- Adjustable length throw lever for fast magnification changes
- Illuminated Ballistic Drop Compensated reticle for hold over shooting at distances up to 600 yards
- Fully multi-coated optics for clear, bright views of the target.
- Versatile magnification range of 1-4x for short to mid-range shooting
- Waterproof construction for durability in rugged environments
- Adjustable length throw lever allows for quick magnification changes even with gloves on
- Illuminated Ballistic Drop Compensated reticle for accurate hold over shooting at distances up to 600 yards
- Fully multi-coated optics for clear, bright views of the target
- Limited magnification range for long-range shooting
- Reticle may be too busy for some shooters
- Eye relief may be too short for some users
- Relatively expensive compared to other similar scopes on the market
- May be too heavy for some individuals looking for a lightweight option.
Yes, the Leupold VX-Freedom 1-4x is waterproof. It can withstand rugged conditions, making it a reliable choice for hunters and shooters who take their shooting seriously.
The magnification range of the Leupold VX-Freedom 1-4x is 1-4x. This makes it the perfect scope for short to mid-range shooting in a variety of environments.
Yes, the Leupold VX-Freedom 1-4x has an illuminated Ballistic Drop Compensated reticle. This makes hold over shooting at distances up to 600 yards easy and accurate. Additionally, with fully multi-coated optics for clear, bright views of the target, the Leupold VX-Freedom 1-4x provides a reliable and effective tool for any shooting situation.
3. Vortex Optics Strike Eagle Second Focal Plane Riflescopes
No products found.
The Strike Eagle 1-6×24 is without question a versatile and speed-driven scope thanks to its 1x low-end magnification that can adapt to different shooting scenarios. It is equipped with a magnification ring that features a throw lever for faster adjustments and easier visibility, while the illuminated BDC3 reticle offers immediate use for targets up to 650 yards away. The eyepiece is user-friendly and has a fast-focus dial that helps with rapid reticle focusing.
This scope truly is a powerhouse when it comes to clarity and low-light performance. The anti-reflective coatings on all air-to-glass surfaces greatly increase light transmission, providing an unprecedented level of clarity when it matters most. Coupled with a one-piece construction from aircraft grade aluminum, this scope is shockproof and rugged, shrugging off impacts and unapologetically standing up to even the most punishing of recoil.
- 1-6x magnification range
- Illuminated BDC3 reticle for quick and precise targeting
- Throw lever for fast magnification adjustments
- User-friendly eyepiece with fast-focus dial
- Anti-reflective coatings on all air-to-glass surfaces for increased light transmission and clarity
- Shockproof one-piece construction from aircraft grade aluminum
- Versatile and adaptable for different shooting scenarios
- Low-light performance for increased visibility in challenging conditions
- Long-distance targeting up to 650 yards away
- Versatile 1-6x magnification range for different shooting scenarios
- Easy and quick adjustments with the throw lever on the magnification ring
- Illuminated BDC3 reticle for fast target acquisition up to 650 yards
- User-friendly eyepiece with fast-focus dial for rapid reticle focusing
- Excellent clarity and low-light performance with anti-reflective coatings
- Durable and shockproof one-piece construction from aircraft grade aluminum
- Relatively expensive compared to similar scopes on the market
- May not be ideal for extreme long-range shooting, as maximum magnification is only 6x
- Some users may prefer a more traditional crosshair reticle rather than a BDC reticle with holdovers.
The Strike Eagle 1-6×24 scope has a magnification range of 1x to 6x, allowing for quick transitions between short and mid-range targets.
The BDC3 reticle is an illuminated bullet drop compensator reticle that helps shooters quickly and accurately adjust for bullet drop at different distances. By using the hash marks on the reticle, shooters can determine holdovers for targets up to 650 yards away.
Yes, the Strike Eagle 1-6×24 scope is built to last. It features a one-piece construction from aircraft grade aluminum, making it both shockproof and rugged. Additionally, the anti-reflective coatings on all air-to-glass surfaces greatly increase light transmission, ensuring the scope can stand up to even the most punishing of recoil.
4. Optimize Your Hunting Game with Vortex Crossfire II Riflescopes
No products found.
The 4-12×40 Crossfire II Riflescope is a versatile hunting and shooting optic that offers exceptional image quality and durability. Its Dead-Hold BDC reticle helps you compensate for bullet drop at various distances, making it an ideal choice for long-range shooting. The multi-coated lenses provide crystal-clear images even in low-light conditions, while the capped turrets allow for quick and easy adjustments. The scope is constructed from aircraft-grade aluminum, making it both shockproof and lightweight, and it is also waterproof and fog proof, ensuring reliable performance in any weather condition.
The 6-18×44 Crossfire II AO Riflescope is a high-performance optic designed for serious hunters and shooters. Its adjustable objective lens allows you to focus in on your target and eliminate parallax error, while the Dead-Hold BDC reticle provides bullet drop compensation at various distances. The fully multi-coated lenses deliver excellent image clarity and brightness, even in low-light conditions. This scope features finger-adjustable turrets with MOA clicks that can be reset to zero, making it easy to make precise adjustments. The aircraft-grade aluminum construction makes this scope both lightweight and durable, and it is also waterproof and fog proof, ensuring reliable performance in any environment.
- Dead-Hold BDC reticle for bullet drop compensation at varying distances
- Multi-coated lenses for crystal-clear images in low-light conditions
- Capped turrets for quick and easy adjustments
- Aircraft-grade aluminum construction for shockproof durability and lightweight design
- Waterproof and fog proof for reliable performance in any weather condition
- Exceptional image quality and durability
- Dead-Hold BDC reticle for long-range shooting
- Multi-coated lenses provide crystal-clear images even in low-light conditions
- Capped turrets allow for quick and easy adjustments
- Aircraft-grade aluminum construction makes it shockproof and lightweight
- Waterproof and fog proof for reliable performance in any weather condition
- Limited magnification range compared to some other scopes
- May not be suitable for extremely long-range shooting
Yes, the 4-12×40 Crossfire II Riflescope with its Dead-Hold BDC reticle is ideal for long-range shooting. The reticle helps you compensate for bullet drop at various distances, and the multi-coated lenses provide crystal-clear images even in low-light conditions.
The 6-18×44 Crossfire II AO Riflescope is designed to eliminate parallax error with its adjustable objective lens. This means that the scope’s reticle will always be in the same plane as your target, no matter the distance.
Both the 4-12×40 and 6-18×44 Crossfire II Riflescopes are constructed from aircraft-grade aluminum, making them both lightweight and shockproof. They are also waterproof and fog proof, ensuring reliable performance in any weather condition. These features make these scopes durable and versatile for all types of hunting and shooting activities.
5. Precision Vision: The Burris RT-6 Tactical Rifle Scope
No products found.
Burris Optics offers a wide range of scopes and accessories designed for hunters and shooters looking for high-quality optics. Whether you’re hunting big game or hitting the range for target practice, Burris scopes provide the clarity, accuracy, and reliability you need for success.
One of the standout products from Burris is their XTR II Riflescope, featuring a 6x zoom and true 1x setting for quick, eyes-open engagement. With an adjustment range of 190″ at 100 yards, this scope gives you the precision you need to take your shot with confidence. Burris also offers a variety of mounting systems, rings, and accessories to ensure your optic is securely mounted and ready for action.
- Burris Optics range of scopes and accessories
- Ideal for hunters and shooters looking for high-quality optics
- Clarity, accuracy, and reliability for success
- XTR II Riflescope with 6x zoom and true 1x setting
- Adjustment range of 190″ at 100 yards
- Mounting systems, rings, and accessories for secure mounting
- Offers a wide range of high-quality scopes and accessories for hunters and shooters
- Provides clarity, accuracy, and reliability for success in hunting or shooting
- XTR II Riflescope features a 6x zoom and true 1x setting for quick, eyes-open engagement
- Adjustment range of 190″ at 100 yards gives precision and confidence in taking shots
- Offers a variety of mounting systems, rings, and accessories for secure optics mounting
- Burris Optics products can be pricey compared to other brands in the same category
- Some customers have reported issues with the durability of certain Burris scopes, requiring repairs or replacements
- May not offer as many options or features as other high-end optic brands in the market.
The Burris XTR II Riflescope features a 6x zoom, allowing for versatile performance in a range of hunting and shooting scenarios. Additionally, the scope has a true 1x setting, enabling quick engagement with both eyes open.
At 100 yards, the Burris XTR II Riflescope provides an impressive adjustment range of 190″, giving hunters and shooters the precision they need to confidently take their shot. This adjustment range enables precise sighting and accuracy at extended ranges.
Yes, Burris offers a wide range of mounting systems, rings, and other accessories specifically designed to complement their optics. These accessories help ensure that your scope is securely mounted and ready for action, no matter the conditions or demands of your hunt or shooting scenario.
Things to Consider When Choosing the Best LPVO Riflescopes
LPVO riflescope stands for Low Power Variable Optic riflescope. It is a type of rifle scope that is popular among gun enthusiasts and hunters. It is used by individuals who require quick target acquisition and engagement at short to medium range, while also maintaining precision at longer distances.
|Magnification||LPVOs have variable magnifications that range from 1-8x, 1-10x, 1-6x, and more. Choose the magnification that suits your needs based on the type of shooting activity you will be using it for.|
|Reticle||The reticle is an essential part of the riflescope. The type of reticle you choose will depend on the type of shooting you plan on doing. Dot and cross-hair reticles are the most common, while BDC and MOA reticles are great for long-range shooting.|
|Objective Lens||The size of the objective lens (the lens at the end of the scope farthest from your eye) affects the amount of light entering the scope. A larger lens size results in a brighter image, but it also increases the weight of the scope.|
|Eye Relief||Eye relief is the distance between the eye and the eyepiece. A longer eye relief offers more comfort and safety for the shooter, especially for those using high-caliber rifles that have a stronger recoil.|
|Durability||The riflescope should be made with tough materials that can withstand the rigors of outdoor activities. Look for scopes with shockproof, waterproof, and fog proof features.|
|Turrets||Turrets are used to adjust the scope’s windage and elevation. They should be easily adjustable and have firm and audible clicks to make precise adjustments.|
|Price||The price of the riflescope should be in line with its quality. While cheaper models are available, they might skimp on quality features. On the other hand, expensive models often have advanced features that might be unnecessary for the average shooter.|
|Warranty||The warranty should cover any manufacturing defects or damages. A good warranty should be at least five years, and the customer support should be easily accessible.|
After carefully reviewing and analyzing various LPVO riflescopes, it can be concluded that the Vortex Optics Viper PST Gen II FFP Riflescope is the best option for most shooters. It offers a versatile magnification range, high-quality optics, and durable construction. Additionally, the reticle options and first focal plane feature make it an excellent choice for long-range shooting. Although it is on the higher end in terms of price, the Viper PST Gen II is a worthwhile investment for serious shooters who demand quality and performance from their equipment. Other recommended options include the Burris Optics RT-6 Riflescope and the Vortex Strike Eagle Riflescope. Ultimately, the best LPVO riflescope for you will depend on personal preference and specific shooting needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
LPVO (Low-Power Variable Optic) riflescope is a type of rifle scope that allows the shooter to magnify the target image at a close range and also gives a wider field of view at a lower magnification.
The ideal magnification for an LPVO riflescope depends on the shooting needs and the distance of the target. For tactical purposes, a 1X to 6X LPVO riflescope is ideal, which provides a better view for both close and mid-range shots.
The first focal plane reticles change size as the magnification is adjusted, while second focal plane reticles remain a fixed size. First focal plane reticles make it easier to estimate ranges and compensate for bullet drop at any magnification level, while second focal plane reticles are less likely to obscure the target at higher magnification levels.
Parallax is an optical error that occurs when the target image and the reticle are not in the same focal plane. A parallax adjustment on a riflescope helps to rectify this distortion and provide a clearer and more accurate image of the target at any range.
To adjust the zero on an LPVO riflescope, turn the elevation and windage turrets in the direction needed to move the reticle to the point of impact on the target. Then, lock the turrets in place and test the rifle at a known distance to ensure that the point of aim and point of impact are aligned accurately. Proper zeroing is essential to achieve precise shots and optimal accuracy.
Peter B Brewster is an avid writer who loves to share his knowledge about scopes, binoculars, mounts, sights, and other related products. He has been writing for several years and has gained a reputation for his expertise in the field.